Gas Leak Detection
What is a gas leak?
Remember when you walked into your home or the kitchen and went 'What's that smell?' If the odor was sharp, like a 'rotten egg', chances are that you detected a gas leak. (It could, of course, simply have been rotten eggs too.)
Natural gas is usually safe to be used at home. However, sometimes, due to improper installation, this natural gas may get released into the environment. Efficacy of gas detectors depend on where they are installed. This is especially true if there are multiple sources of natural gas.
Is a gas leak dangerous?
Yes, it is.
- During a gas leak, carbon monoxide is released in the air and this can be fatal to anyone breathing it.
- Gas leaks also cause fires and emissions. At times, homes have exploded because people have not detected a gas leak and have simply struck a match or even flicked a light switch.
How can we help?
The best way to handle emergencies such as gas leaks is to avoid them altogether. We provide the following services to keep your home insulated from such crises:
- Inspection programs: We meticulously check all sources of gas leaks in your home. This includes the interior pipeline system, gas appliances, heating systems, and water heaters. Such inspection is useful for identifying actual gas leaks and also, preventing potential leaks.
- Installation of gas detector: Gas detectors indicate gas leaks effectively, provided you choose the correct one.
o Choice: The gas detector must be effective. We recommend the correct detector for you that will fit in best with your security system and also have the correct amount of Lower Explosive Limit (LEL).
o Location: Efficacy of gas detectors depend on where they are installed. This is especially true if there are multiple sources of natural gas. We install the gas detectors in spots where detecting gas leaks are most effective (i.e. - near potential sources of gas and areas where gas accumulates.)
o Maintenance: We undertake maintenance of various kinds of gas detectors - whether it is simply checking the alarms and batteries to calibrating it for accurate results.
- Leak survey, recognition and response: If a gas leak has occurred, we are equipped to inspect, identify and fix the problem. Security is our priority at all times. We constantly upgrade our technology and security practices according to government requirements and advanced safety practices in the industry.
When it comes to safety, you can never be too careful.